Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What Happened?


Well I guess there is a first time for everything. I love to cook and I take great pride in making sure that Dusty has a fabulous dinner when he gets home from work. ( I know, how very 50's housewife of me) I also love to try new recipes and cooking techniques: for example, on Monday I made homemade mini meatballs and fresh balsamic and mushroom tomato sauce for an amazing baked zitti.... first time I made this and it was wonderful.

Well last night I made chicken and chili casserole from the http://www.fortheloveofcooking.blogspot.com/ I have made quite a few things from this site and they have been outstanding! I followed the recipe to the letter. I even double checked last night and this morning. It says to cook the casserole for 25 minutes so when Dusty called and said he had just left the office ( at 7:00) I turned the oven on. Well to make a long story short, at 8:30pm and the chicken was still not cooked through Dusty went to pick up McDonald's. As he left he said ( with a silly little grin) "This is the first time you haven't come through on dinner"

So I've been obsessing about it all day. I finished cooking the casserole last night. It look about 1 hour and 45 minutes and I had it for lunch. It was great, delicious really... but I still can't get over that I dropped the ball.
P.S I'm remaking it this weekend to work out the kinks... I know this would be a recipe that my mom would love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I also love to cook and clean and do all the 50's housewife stuff. My friends have made fun of me for years. Jeff and I have been married for almost 16 years and I have packed his lunch everyday and have had a hot meal on the table almost every night. Please take pride in what you are doing. I have also been a stay at home mom for almost 13 years. I take my job very seriously and have enjoyed ever moment of it, even though the only reward is what you get from yourself at the end of the day, and that is knowing that you have taken care of your family in the best way you know how.I cook from scratch all the time, I do not like to use recipes though, it's that following directions type thing, but I do have alot of recipes that were handed down to me from Jeff's Grandmother who had an italian cooking background, and so if you would like to learn some of those, such as homemade ravioli, I mean the kind that takes all day and totaly trashes your entire kitchen I would share with you. You go girl and thanks for the updates on Taylor. Love ya Tina

Pat said...

Ashley...it may not be you or your oven...it could be that you were given incorrect information...just because it comes from a great website doesn't always mean that it is correct!

Lucky Dusty to have you...and lucky you to have Dusty. It's a good guy who goes out and gets McDonalds--and a great wife who is such a good homemaker.