Monday, September 29, 2008

i should have known better

So things are pretty scary here in SF - {as they are in most of the country} After the first round of Layoffs at William Sonoma last week, I am changing my spending habits! Yep, I know it's hard to believe. I thought I better start with baby steps...like the grocery store. I did a great job spending only $40 for a weeks worth of food. Seeing as my favorite food is a quesidilla how hard could this be right? Well - I should have known better - like it wasn't enough that I was planning to eat quesidillas, cereal & tomato soup for a week - I actually bought safeway brand medium Cheddar cheese!!!! What the hell was I thinking - didn't I learn anything from my parents?


{I'm so sorry I betrayed you Tilamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Allie I will make you feel a bit better. On 7/30/08 I started saving my grocery reciets so my husband could see where alot of money goes. Well today is 9/30/08, 8 weeks later, I added up the total, are you ready, we are only a family of four and we don't by beef or pork because we have it stocked from the farm. The total was 1300.00 So you should feel good about your generic cheese and 40.00 dollars. Is that not scary or what. I hope this makes you feel so much better. Tina from cincinnati

Pat said...

Allie...it is not only your parents who would be shocked about the cheese...just think of what TUTU would say...yikes.

On Monday when all the stocks were tanking, I saw that the one that had gone up was Cambells Soup. I guess when times are bad we all think that soup will fill us up.

xoxo to you and good luck in your upcoming race. I am so proud of you.

Natalie said...

Allie, hey it's me Natalie Pratt. I love watching your fun blog. I also have a fettish with Tillamook cheese. It's one of those things that once you have it you can't go back. We tried it once..it didn't go well.