Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday Movie Review - THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL


Allie:
Ok...I did not like sci-fi before I went to this movie and now I officially HATE sci-fi. Basically I planned my outfits for the entire week while sitting through this movie. Biggest highlight - the popcorn and cherry coke.

Bradley:
I guess "An Inconvenient Truth" was a little too high-brow and factual for some people. But don't worry - threats of alien annihilation should light a fire under the rest of us. Thank goodness for Hollywood.

Oh boy, this was rough. the original was a powerful warning about atomic power and some idiot thought it would be a good idea to pirate a classic for today's big scare. Oops. Rarely are re-makes a good idea and this film is no exception. Horrible story adaptation, ridiculous special effects, and acting that put most people to sleep. Except for Will Smith's kid. He was too annoying for me to nap. Stay away from this movie, you'll be better off.

2 comments:

The Powells said...

i heard this was SO STUPID!!! im loving your reviews by the way

lindsay said...

ok I seriously love you guys! Do you think on some of your movie reviews you could have a spoiler section for me?