Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a great day here in Utah - we ate so much yummy food and had a chance to remember all the things we are thankful for. I am especially grateful for my wonderful family {whom I love and miss very much} This year I couldn't help but be reminded of my mom's tender heart. She has befriended a widow in our ward and delivered dinner to her every Sunday for years. Barbara's children have been absent on most holidays including her birthday. My mom has welcomed her with such loving, open arms and made her an important part of our family - caring for my tutu {my grandma} always came very easy to me and today for the first time I realized this is a trait I am grateful to have from my mom.
Now for the highlights....

mom & barbara

dinner table

i made these funny place cards from paper source

thanks to dad we had VERY yummy turkey
thanks to mom we had burnt rolls - but good potatoes

thanks to caitlin we had amazing pumpkin cheesecake!

Did I mention I am also very thankful for my man - and miss him like CRAZY!

1 comment:

The Powells said...

look how cute the table is...your family is darling