Saturday, January 24, 2009

Movie Review: MILK



Allie:



I really liked this movie! Out of all the movies we saw this holiday I was especially touched by the true stories. {I didn't know anything about Harvey Milk before I walked into this movie} I also loved seeing all the familiar places in San Francisco. Sean Penn and James Franco were SO good - there really are and have been some amazing people in this world - and by all accounts Harvey Milk was one of them.

Bradley:



Possibly the best film as well as best actor performance this year. Its wonderfully shot with an aged, grainy feel and often mingled with actual footage, that gives it a documentary like truthfulness. Penn is brilliant, capturing Harvey's strengths as well as his flaws, which brings to life his admirable humanity and ideals. It has a great unifying message, which makes it even more worth seeing

No comments: