Friday, October 10, 2008

Miss Her


Today after work while waiting for Brad to meet me at the gym I wondered in here...

I immediately went downstairs and was SO excited to see all the Christmas goodies. Tutu and I spend thousands of hours shopping together - specifically at Christmas time. She was never happier than browsing around the holiday section at a department store. I took my time and looked at every little thing {just like she taught me} Then I went to the housewares- our next favorite department...I wanted ALL of the Martha Stewart collection for my kitchen. I know I get 40% off at Williams Sonoma, but I just LOVE this Tiffany blue. {Tutu would understand.}

I wanted to buy so many things-but then it dawned on me...if I continue to buy all the pretty things I see sooner than later I will be the one collecting rubber bands and re-using Ziploc bags {things really do come full circle - don't they?}

My next mistake was walking in here...if you don't know about Gumps you should click here. The entire entrance of the store is full of amazing ornaments and beautiful nutcrackers - everything Christmas!!! I can't for my mom to get here so we can pay homage to Tutu together.

4 comments:

The Powells said...

she was such a wonderful little lady...i loved to talk to her and see her smiling face. i bet you do miss her, shes amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Allie ... TuTu would be so happy visiting you in San Francisco. She loved it there and enjoyed riding the cable car. You are right on when it comes to shopping she loved it and she didn't even need to buy anything. She loved to window shop. By the way, who has the rainbow bag?????

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie and Brad, I was looking through the blog and ran across a picture of Allie eating "breakfast hash" that sounds so good. Maybe when we are in San Francisco Brad could make us breakfast. If not next week then for sure at Christmas. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

I thank God everyday that I still have my Grandmother.... I can't imagine life without her in it. I guess there will come a day when I will have enough toilet paper and paper towels stacked in my garage to last years. It does come full circle. Cherish your memories in your heart. Tina