Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sam the Cooking Guy

I love this crazy fool. I wish you could all watch Sam. He has a local cooking show in San Diego, where he broadcasts out of his red kitchen, right up the street from Dusty and I live in Carmel Valley. It a hot mess and so funny… plus the food always looks amazing. Take a look at his website and watch some of his demonstrations. I’ve been trying to sign up for one of his cooking classes but they are all booked up until May. I also posted one of his recipes that I’ve made, it was absolutely wonderful.

www.thecookingguy.com

· 1 Pound asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
· 8-10 slices of bacon or 'ready crisp' bacon, cut into 1" pieces
· 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
· 1 pound fettuccine
· 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
· Olive oil
1 Sauté asparagus in olive oil until half way tender
2 Add shitakes and sauté until softened
3 Add bacon and thyme and cook for about 2 minutes
4 Cook the pasta according to package directions
5 Drain pasta and mix with the asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and thyme in a large bowl.
Drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt & pepper to taste and serve

No comments: